Re: [CSS 2.1] [Section 9.5.1] Vertical positioning of floating boxes

"Gérard Talbot" <www-style@gtalbot.org> writes:

> Le Mar 14 septembre 2010 0:51, Morten Stenshorne a écrit :
>> "Gérard Talbot" <www-style@gtalbot.org> writes:
>>
>>> Well, I see a significant difference with Opera 10.62 under Windows XP
>>> (build 3500). I have appended a screenshot at the bottom of the page
>>>
>>> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/section9.5.1-vertical-positioning-float.html
>>
>> Oh dear, that sure looks strange. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the
>> problem here, albeit I'm running build 3500 under wine. I have also
>> confirmed that build 3500 for Windows and build 6438 for Linux are
>> identical, codebase-wise.
>
> One thing here. If codebase-wise these are identical, then those build
> numbers (3500 for Windows and 6438 for Linux) are not ...

Yeah, don't ask me why we use different build number series for
different desktop platforms. But the source code diff between the two
tags was empty.

>> Wait! Are you using a clean profile? I suspect that you're in quirks
>> mode.
>

> I typed in the address bar
>
> javascript:alert("document.compatMode = " + document.compatMode)
>
> and I was in quirks mode!
>
> I never wanted to override rendering mode, furthermore never ever in
> quirks mode.
>
>> Have you changed the value of the "CompatMode Override"
>> preference in the "User Prefs" section?
>
> opera:config#UserPrefs|CompatModeOverride
>
> It was set to 1 (btw, those values are absolutely meaningless,
> unintuitive, non-informative by themselves and clicking the circled "?"
> gives "No information on this item can be found"!);

How incredibly helpful. :-P

Anyway, Opera prefs are documented here, in case you care:
http://www.opera.com/support/usingopera/operaini/

Making such information appear when clicking on "?" would of course be
very nice...

> Now, the 3 aforementioned testcases [1] are rendered correctly in Opera
> 10.62 (build 3500) under Windows XP

Fantastic! Glad it wasn't Opera's fault this time. :)

--
---- Morten Stenshorne, developer, Opera Software ASA ----
---- Office: +47 24164206 ---- Cellular: +47 93440112 ----