Re: [css3-images] Linear gradients feedback

On 09/07/2010 06:05 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 5:41 PM, David Singer<singer@apple.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Except for using a comma instead of "to", that's what I'm looking at
>>> right now.

And you'd rather use a comma than "to"? I think it's clearer to use "to"
since we're separating the colors with commas.

While we're at it, the use of a comma to separate the geometry from the
colors also bothers me for the same reason.

How about
?

>>> We just want to split the angle case out into a separate
>>> function, and need a name for it.  I think I'll just use
>>> angle-gradient() until someone gives me something better.
>>
>> I thought I had.
>>
>> You can't contrast radial-gradient with angle-gradient, because the
>> latter is actually a linear-gradient.  And having a third called
>> linear-gradient would be even more confusing.  Which is why I suggested
>>   radial-gradient
>>   linear-box-gradient
>>  linear-angle-gradient
>> wordy as they are.
>
> It's that wordiness that makes me not particularly like them.  ^_^
> Just typing out linear-gradient() is already painfully long to me.
> And demoting just the angle gradient to a second-class citizen with a
> three-word name isn't very appealing either.

If the problem is DOM access, why not define different interfaces for
them (LinearBoxGradient and LinearAngleGradient), but leave the parsed
syntax the same?

I like dsinger's name suggestions, fwiw. If we need two different names,
I'd go with those.

~fantasai