RE: 'initial' | 'inherit' inconsistency

We don't have to literally add 'initial | inherit' everywhere.

It could be ' | <cascade>' - or some better representation of these keywords -
that point to CSS3 Values & Units ? That still doesn't address your concern
wrt grammar legibility but having *nothing* there, while ideal for editors, is
neither reader-friendly nor complete. CSS specs are already hard enough to
read for those who do not implement browsers for a living. As these documents
also constitute an authoritative reference, it would help if one would not have
to read the whole thing in order to get the full syntax.

Maybe we could also have an appendix table that lists all the properties in a
Module with all their supported values e.g. a simplified version of CSS2.1's
Appendix F ? That might be useful in its own right. I often use the latter
as a reference and to navigate 2.1; for CSS users a table of properties/values
is a useful TOC.