Re: [css3-transitions] shorthand/longhand handling in transition property

On Monday 2010-10-25 14:56 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> I don't understand.  Dbaron is saying that the current spec text
> suggests (b).  I am supporting the same thing that dbaron appears to
> be.

Well, the current spec text says (a) and (b) do the same thing, so
I'm not sure that comparing them is useful; if you want to think of
the processing model in terms of expansion and conversion of
property values (which is probably not the best idea), you go
through both stages:  the shorthand expands to all four of its
subproperties (so it's like b), but then one of those subproperties
is ignored (so it's like a) because it's overridden by a later
occurrence.

-David