Re: [css3-writing-modes] a third option for implementing logical properties

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:47:09 +0200, John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
wrote:
> Given that the Media Queries spec is in CR going towards PR, what's the
> avenue for specifying this?  Simply include it in CSS3 Writing Modes?

For instance, yes. A future update to Media Queries will also make it more
clear it can be extended. My plan is to start working on that once the
current version reaches W3C Recommendation status.

> So @writing-mode would instead be:
>
>   @media (writing-mode) {
>      /* styles used when writing modes are supported */
>      .rounded { border-radius: 2em 1em; }
>   }
>
> Is that what you're imagining?

Yeah. I might call the media feature vertical-layout instead since that is
what it is about, but anything goes really.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/