Re: practicality of user styleshseets

On 2010-10-14 1:06 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
> There are orders of magnitude more bandwidth to save by stripping
> needless repetition and eliminating classitis, 1% maximum (newlines
> only) vs. 10-90+%.

So you're basically recommending avoiding this bandwidth-saving
technique because there are other ways to save bandwidth?

I'd say that you should use all bandwidth-saving techniques to your
advantage simultaneously.

> The stylists stripping newlines ought to be forced to use 12" or
> smaller laptops at 2/3 meter or more distance for all their work, so
> they can learn what some people have to go through to defend against
> rude design, and why.

Hmm... I made my earlier comments under the impression that this was
automatically being done by software. (That is, software strips the
newlines before the document is sent to the UA, but the original file is
still formatted for readability.) I have a hard time imagining people
working directly with code in files that have multiple style rules on a
line (unless the code was computer-generated).