Re: Issue 101 Resolution

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 05:15:13PM -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> | The right outer edge of a left-floating box may not be to the right
> | of the left outer edge of any right-floating box that is to the right
> | of it and whos left outer edge is to the left of the left-floating
> | box's parent box's right edge.

Typo: s/whos/whose/.

If the right outer edge of LF is to the right of the left outer edge of a float
R, then is R really to the right of LF ?  Was the intent of "to the right of"
rather to say that LF and R overlap each other vertically (their margin boxes,
for example) ?

Need to specify which right edge (content, outer etc.) of the parent box.
However, are we sure that the rule should be the float's parent box rather than
the containing block?  E.g. what if the parent box is an inline?  What if LF is
the root element (so has no parent box) ?

Sorry if this is already answered by the test cases; and more generally sorry
that I haven't given much thought to this issue, I'm just about to go to bed.

pjrm.