Re: [css3-background] Initial value 'currentcolor" not defined

On Tuesday 2010-10-05 16:28 +0200, Christian Roth wrote:
> <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/#the-border-color>
>
> defines the initial value of border-*-color to be "currentcolor". Where
> is defined what that means? It should either be defined or a link to its
> definition should be given.
>
> If it is "currentColor" (the only thing I found that *is* defined, from
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-css3-color-20080721/>), then it needs to
> be specified in exactly that capitalization as "currentColor" is not
> defined to be case-insensitive.

'currentColor' is case-insensitive in CSS.  See
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#characters , which says "All
CSS syntax is case-insensitive within the ASCII range (i.e., [a-z]
and [A-Z] are equivalent), except for parts that are not under the
control of CSS."

-David