Re: ol style - a number in a circle

On 2010-03-01 6:02 AM, Matthew Millar wrote:
> Second:
>
> Using a glyph requires each end-users system to have the font, with the
> glyph in. I've noticed, certainly on mine, that double-circled-decimal
> and filled-circled-decimal render as squares, because those gylphs
> aren't available in the font on my system.

You could deal with this via CSS3 Fonts by delivering a font that you
know has the desired glyphs.

Assuming you were to have a library of fonts or able to make your own
fonts, this would also give you a bit more of the desired freedom; I
don't think it would accommodate multi-color bullets though. I wonder if
SVG fonts allow for multiple colors...