Re: [css3-background] box-shadow spread Multiple Choice Question

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Brian Manthos <> wrote:
> Brendan Kenny:
>> "blur-radius" does make sense, but plain "blur" might be better there, I'm
>> not sure.
> Except that Brad's right -- it's a diameter not a radius.
> - Brian

As defined

"The blur radius is perpendicular to and centered on the shadow's edge
and defines a gradient color transition ranging from the full shadow
color at the radius endpoint inside the shadow to fully transparent at
the endpoint outside it."

and as usually implemented (as a Gaussian or Gaussian-like function),
radius is the more appropriate term. However, the distinction isn't
terribly important, as radius and diameter are (obviously) just a
constant factor apart. The current language would just have to be
tweaked accordingly.

Received on Thursday, 10 June 2010 16:40:24 UTC