Re: [css3-background] box-shadow spread Multiple Choice Question

On Jun 10, 2010, at 9:39 AM, Brendan Kenny <bckenny@gmail.com> wrote:

> and as usually implemented (as a Gaussian or Gaussian-like function),
> radius is the more appropriate term.

How so? I'm willing to admit that maybe you know something I don't, so
please clarify: if I have 'box-shadow: 0 0 8px black' then what is 8px
the radius of? Where is the other half of the circle for which 8px is
a radius?

> The current language would just have to be tweaked accordingly.

Right. It wouldn't change authoring or implementation (maybe a few
blogs would need updating). I think I'd be more comfortable with
something like this:

"The blur is perpendicular to and centered on the shadow's edge and
defines a gradient color transition ranging from the full shadow color
at the endpoint of the blur inside the shadow to fully transparent at
the endpoint outside it."