Re: [css3-transitions] starting and reversing animations

On Jan 29, 2010, at 11:03 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> On 1/29/10 1:57 PM, Brad Kemper wrote:
>> Exactly. So what is unclear? When the state changes and a new rule with its 'transition' property suddenly applies, then that transition begins (or at least its transition-delay begins).
>
> More precisely, if the state changes and a rule with a transition property applies after the state change, even if it also applied before the state change, that transition property is used for the transition.

Do you mean that the transition property doesn't necessarily have to "suddenly" apply, because it might have applied before also, to the previous state? I'll concede that; I just meant that you use the transition values from the rule for the state you are in, and you want to know them at the same time you do for any other properties in the rule: when the rule first takes effect.