RE: Making pt a non-physical unit

Which font does gecko use when displaying a two times scaled version of
the print preview on screen?

24pt or 2*12pt?

The reason why I ask is because this is not only philosophical point of
view but also depends on the use case: for an upscaled preview I believe
one should't use a different font but scale the original font.

Best regards,

Ludger