Re: [css3-speech] square brackets group

 > From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
 > Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 19:25:09 +0100
 > Hi, http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-css3-speech-20041216/ seems to use
square
 > brackets in property syntax definitions as if they imply
optionality but they
 > do not. An example is the 'voice-family' property in the draft.
 > regards, -- Björn Höhrmann mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de

Mailing-list archive link:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2007Jan/0026.html

Dear Bjoern,
whilst reviewing the status of the CSS3-Speech Module I came across
what seems to be an unanswered message from you (at least I can't find
any relevant reply in the public mailing-list archive). I realize that
you raised your point way back in early 2007, but I might as well
address it now ;)

(1) the square bracket notation is used not only in CSS-Speech, but
also in other modules, and in fact in CSS 2.1 too (for example [1]).

(2) optionality is represented using a question mark, square bracket
is used for grouping.

Regards, Daniel

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/propidx.html