Re: [css3-speech] square brackets group

* Daniel Weck wrote:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2007Jan/0026.html
>
>Dear Bjoern,
>whilst reviewing the status of the CSS3-Speech Module I came across
>what seems to be an unanswered message from you (at least I can't find
>any relevant reply in the public mailing-list archive). I realize that
>you raised your point way back in early 2007, but I might as well
>address it now ;)
>
>(1) the square bracket notation is used not only in CSS-Speech, but
>also in other modules, and in fact in CSS 2.1 too (for example [1]).
>
>(2) optionality is represented using a question mark, square bracket
>is used for grouping.

Yes, but if you consider square brackets to represent grouping, then the
examples in the draft do not match the grammar, `voice-family: male 2`
for instance is not valid because <age> is not optional but omitted in
the example. However, it would match if you read (some of the) square
brackets to represent optionality. I do agree that the Working Group
does not seem to have addressed my comment yet.