From: listmaster@indx.co.uk [mailto:listmaster@indx.co.uk] On Behalf Of John Daggett
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 2:12 AM
To: multiple recipients of OpenType - sent by
Subject: [OpenType] advanced font features in CSS

Message from OpenType list:

I just wanted to let folks know that I’ve posted a proposal for adding
advanced font feature support to CSS to the www-style mailing list:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Jun/0506.html

The basic idea is to enable control of ligatures, alternates, swashes
and numerical formatting features available in OpenType and AAT fonts
within webpages in a relatively simple manner. The proposal lists
specific mappings of font-variant-xxx properties/values to OpenType/AAT
features but I don’t expect to get this right the first time, I’m sure
it will take a few iterations to hone. I’m especially interested in
hearing about features omitted or overlooked that folks feel are
actually valuable to support.

Any comments/thoughts/ideas would be most helpful, posted here or on the
www-style mailing list.

John Daggett
Mozilla Japan

subscribe: opentype-migration-sub@indx.co.uk