Re: Rotating column headers - Bump

At 9:25  +0200 30/06/09, Keryx Web wrote:
>Sorry for the bump, but I really want an answer.

Sorry.  I have had several discussions about this with my colleagues,
and so far we don't have a better idea than the kinds of
multiple-embedded-things that you showed in your example.  It's a
relevant problem, and it's surprisingly subtle.  We'll probably keep
nibbling away at it, and I encourage you to do the same.

It might be good to start a Wiki on the issues, I suppose....

>On 2009-06-27 11:01, Keryx Web wrote:
>>Hi
>>
>>With CSS transformations I have finally found a way to rotate column
>>headers in order to save space. I have put it into experimental use for
>>FFox 3.5 at:
>>
>>http://keryx.se/resources/html-elements/
>>
>>(Apologies to Webkit: I will add support soon.)
>>
>>Without this feature my table gets really wide and will cause excessive
>>horizontal scrolling for most users. It also helps trying to fit the
>>table on a paper for printing.
>>
>>This is a very clear use-case and a standard feature in all spreadsheet
>>software.
>>
>>I have described my technique at
>>http://itpastorn.blogspot.com/2009/05/rotating-column-headers-using-css-only.html
>>

>>As you can see my method is quite a hack and very fragile and I can't
>>use the same values for Gecko and Webkit.
>>
>>It seems to me that there should be a way to achieve this result that is
>>easy and stable. Has this been discussed and if so can someone point me
>>to that discussion?
>>

>--
>Keryx Web (Lars Gunther)
>http://keryx.se/