Re: Outline Numbered Lists

Dylan Just wrote:

> I think that a list-style-outline:outline would be better than a new
> list-style-type, as it means we can do outlines for different list-style-types.
> E.g. it'd let you do:
> 1.
> 1.a.
> 1.a.i.
> 1.a.ii.

This is an interesting case right here, one you can't do with counters().
counters() can only take one counter-style, and it has no way of looking
up what styles have been used previously.

We could maybe introduce a new counter-style, I'll call it 'auto' for now,
that, when it looks up a counter instance, associates the element's
list-style-type with the counter and uses that style for that counter.
Not exactly sure how to describe the counter instance's relationship to
the relevant element, but I /think/ that should be possible. dbaron?

(I can see it being useful even with counter(); you can change the style
of the counter without fiddling with the content property that sets it.)

~fantasai