Re: [css3-mediaqueries] 'only'/'not' with omitted media type

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 16:16:08 +0200, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com> wrote:
> The other case would be more interesting: "@media not (color)" as
> syntactic sugar for "@media not all and (color)". But I assumed the
> syntax section was intentional and that the prose just had remnants from
> a previous version when media types were mandatory.

Correct. I'd like to postpone further enhancements to a future version. Suggestions for updates to the prose would be welcome though it will probably take a while before I integrate them. At this point the main priority is getting most browsers to pass all the tests so we can advance to the next stage somewhere at the end of this year.

>> In Gecko I implemented what the grammar says (i.e., dropping the
>> first media query you give above).
>
> Yes, Safari 4 does that too (and so does Opera's current internal
> implementation).

Cool!

--
Anne van Kesteren