Re: [css3-background] does border-radius round the border-image ?

On Jan 15, 2009, at 12:07 PM, David Hyatt wrote:

>> By the way, neither WebKit or FireFox (Minefield) are currently
>> doing any clipping of the foreground when 'overfow' is hidden, as
>> this text says it should. I agree that they should do so, and maybe
>> that just hasn't yet been implemented but will be.
>>

> It will be.  I'm the one who proposed the overflow change in the
> first place. :)
>
> For compatibility reasons we won't be changing our -webkit-****
> property implementations at all, so any changes we make will have to
> wait until this module is ready enough that we can implement the
> unprefixed versions of these properties that behave more like the
> spec.

Doesn't the prefix indicate an experimental status, meaning that
authors can expect such properties to change how they work? In any
case, this is a fairly marginal case that is unlikely to have much
impact on existing layouts. I expect the property is used on the
iPhone a lot, but I've never seen anything on mine where the text
intersects the radius corners.