Re: [selectors] [css3-content] The ::inside pseudo-element

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> Ah, thanks.  So given that it still feels like things should just work if
> one uses float:left on the '$' and aligns on the "."
>
> Hard to say without any implementations on hand, of course, and in
> particular hard to say what the voodoo that is width computation for table
> cells would look like.  That said, testing with "text-align:right" indicates
> that it should probably work correctly... Again hard to say, since the
> different text-align value means you need to have different widths.

Does some FF3.1 dev version actually work roughly how we want with a
text-align:right?  When I try it in FF3.0.5 I get the issue that
Giovanni was originally alluding to, where the "$" just sits next to
the text of each cell, and is *not* aligned with the others.  (Which
is, honestly, a little weird, since the cells *are* all of uniform
width, so one would naively expect the "$" to float all the way to the
left of the cell, but they don't.)