Re: [css3-background] does border-radius round the border-image ?

I think border-radius should clip the border-image, just as it clips
the background.  In many cases I believe the border-radius should clip
the foreground too.  Border-image alone is not able to dictate this
clipping behavior, so a designer *is* going to need to set both in
order to clip the background and foreground content, regardless of
fallback intentions.

I think it's inconsistent that this clip effect, which we'd like to
apply to the whole box in the case of content like images, would "turn
off" just for a single piece of the box (a specified border image).  I
don't think the fallback use case is particularly interesting or
relevant here.

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)