Re: [CSS21][css3-namespace][css3-page][css3-selectors][css3-content] Unicode Normalization

On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 17:26:22 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> To wit, weird XML vocabularies that have XML names using the two
>> variants of e.g. ë would change in meaning (and return different
>> results), but I suppose this is highly theoretical.
>
> I understand that XML does not require parse-time Unicode normalization.
> Does it forbid it?

Per the grammar you should be able to get a non-normalized tree and should
not suddenly end up with, say, a tree normalized to NFC. It does not
explicitly forbid it, but it does not forbid throwing a non namespace
well-formedness error on Sundays either.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>