Re: Projection media type in fullscreen browser mode

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Rijk van Geijtenbeek<rijk@opera.com> wrote:
> Op Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:24:08 +0200 schreef Giuseppe Bilotta
> <giuseppe.bilotta@gmail.com>:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Rijk van Geijtenbeek<rijk@opera.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Yes. Up until Opera 8.54, going full screen meant losing the 'screen'
>>> media styling in Opera. So Opera-conscious developers would have used either
>>> no media, or 'all', or 'screen,projection'. Since 9.0, that is not happening
>>> anymore, and Opera treats full screen as 'screen' when no 'projection'
>>> styles are used.
>>
>> Would it be possible (and does it make sense) to use both screen and
>> projection in this case?
>
> What case?

When there are both a screen and a projection style. However, as you point out:

> The spec says that media types are mutually exclusive:
>
> "Media types are mutually exclusive in the sense that a user agent can only
> support one media type when rendering a document."
>
> I don't think it is feasible to change that. You can use
> media="screen,projection" for a stylesheet with general styles, once you
> start catering for the projection case. Or just leave it at 'all' or not
> specified, for the stylesheet with general styles.

Right. For some reason I was thinking in my mind of some kind of
structural relationship between media types, forgetting that this was
not catered for by the CSS specifications, so it has to be specified
manually in the media type.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta