Re: Gradient syntax proposal

On Aug 17, 2009, at 11:07 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
wrote:

> Brad Kemper wrote:
>>>
>>> It only adds complexity when you want it.  In the simple, common
>>> cases
>>> it has no effect at all.
>> It adds unnecessary complexity to the grammar. That's a bad thing.
>
> It is, in fact, simpler to re-use existing syntactic constructs

Simpler for who? Implementors? I'm talking about simpler to read,
understand, etc.

A single key word is simpler to parse mentally than five, or than a
string of measurements that are based on a completely different
coordinate system than the color-stop measurements that need to be in
the grammar anyway.