Re: Gradient syntax proposal

Brad Kemper wrote:

> On Aug 15, 2009, at 11:49 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>
>>> What I am against is adding complexity and confusion to the grammar
>>> just to
>>> serve some extreme edge cases.
>>
>> It only adds complexity when you want it.  In the simple, common cases
>> it has no effect at all.
>
> It adds unnecessary complexity to the grammar. That's a bad thing.

It is, in fact, simpler to re-use existing syntactic constructs.

And I think keeping track of where "top left" is a valid value and
where "top-left" is a valid value has more potential to confuse than
the availability of the full <background-position> syntax. It is
better to be consistent.

~fantasai