On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Brad Kemper<brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 13, 2009, at 3:15 PM, "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org>
> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I don't think that is what he meant, and it is not what I mean. He was
>> talking in favor of functional notation within the value of his gradient
>> property. I don't see any of what we've been mostly talking about as being a
>> difference between me saying gradient should be a separate property (which
>> is what Mozilla already has)
>
> No, we currently use -moz-linear-gradient() and -moz-radial-gradient() as an
> image type, i.e., in place of url(). And that is what I want.
>
> Understood. But that's a separate discussion from the one about color stop
> syntax, and the opposite of what Tad said he shred with you on.

No it's... no it's not.  I have no idea how you got this impression,
Brad.  In that particular argument you, I, and ROC were all talking
about the function vs property angle, not the functional-colorstops vs
simpler-colorstops.

I *later* talk about color-stop syntax and why the functional notation
sucks, but at the point in my email we're discussing, I'm not.

So let's all just agree that we agree.  ^_^

Also, my proposal is up:
http://www.xanthir.com/document/document.php?id=d65df9d10442ef96c2dfe5e1d7bbebf7aa42f2bcf24e68fc3777c4b484fa8a4ce55fed2189cac20ccad8686127f4c08917c4ca8b7614e9f89c2a950ec083a9c6

I've created a separate thread to talk about it.