Re: [css3-background] Issues open for feedback

fantasai:
> fantasai wrote:
>> the WG wanted me to ask what people thought of renaming the block-
>> progression property to block-flow and whether it was more
>> understandable (...).
>> The property changes the direction of block layout, and the values
>> are tb (...), rl (...), and lr (...).

I believe I have said before that I do not like the two-letter values
all that much, as established as they may be. I prefer 'down[ward
[s]]' (''tb'), 'left[ward[s]]' ('rl') and 'right[ward[s]]' ('lr').

> Sylvain suggests 'block-direction' as an alternative.

That one is worse, I think, because the property is not about the
direction of the block it is applied to, but the direction of its
contents. While you could try to misunderstand the alternatives
'block-progression' and 'block-flow' the same way you actually
cannot, because direction is something a single block can have,
whereas flow and progression imply more than one item. (Or do I have
it backwards and it should be 'line-progression'?)