Re: [CSS21] stack level definitions in 9.9.1

On Wednesday 2008-10-22 21:39 +0200, Anton Prowse wrote:
> I fail to see how test cases can shed any more light on the issues here.
>  However, it may be that this indicates how you conceive of a mutually
> exclusive division between an error and an editorial request: the former
> being a flaw revealed through practical demonstration, with the latter
> being one revealed through logical examination?  I would usually take an
> "editorial request" to mean one which merely demonstrates typos or other
> accidental mistakes, or which proposes a reordering which does not alter
> the logic of the passage in question.

A testcase that one part of the spec says should be displayed in one
way and another part says should be displayed another way is
evidence of an error in the spec.  A testcase that the spec says
should be displayed one way but you believe should be displayed a
different way indicates a potential error in the spec (if your
belief is correct).

Without one of those types of testcases, you haven't demonstrated an
error in the spec in a way that we can understand.  The group is
opposed to unnecessary changes at this point; many of the changes
you propose appear unnecessary.  If you believe some are necessary,
you should demonstrate this clearly and concisely.  Your document is
long and and does not clearly separate things that are potentially
confusing from those that are incorrect.

-David