Re: Selectors

In WebKit, :hover is hierarchical (and effectively DOM-based).  We
determine what element is hit, and then that element and all ancestors
up the DOM tree are considered to be in :hover.  The same is true
for :active.  It doesn't matter if the ancestor doesn't happen to
spatially contain the child (and why should it... consider wanting to
highlight a hierarchical menu when you're browsing around in a popped
up submenu).

I honestly do not think we (Apple) can change this behavior.  It's
fundamental to WebKit apps on OS X that our :hover/:active work this
way and has been for years.

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)