Re: [css3-background] New Working Draft of CSS Backgrounds and Borders Level 3

Well, I don't think it is that much more complicated than the current
proposed syntax (as I outlined in my previous mail, actually I think it
is less ambiguous), but for example you could do a progressbar-like div
with the bg-image showing the progress :
    background: white url( my_image ) 100% 0 / 0 0;
This puts the top-right corner of the image at the top left of the div
(so making it fully invisible). Then the progress can very easily be
shown by changing the position relative to the div:
    background-position: 100% 0 / 10% 0;
    background-position: 100% 0 / 20% 0;
Up to:
    background-position: 100% 0 / 100% 0;