Re: [css3-background] New Working Draft of CSS Backgrounds and Borders Level 3

To list.  >_<

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Jordan OSETE <jordan.osete@laposte.net>wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> This is aimed to be a short mail about the way background-position works.
> I think the current proposed syntax is quite complex, and somehow limited.
>
> Actually, I did a quick proposal a long time ago. You can find here:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2006Jun/0054.html
> Back then, I did abandon it because I thought it was too complex, but I
> still like it somehow. And seeing that the current proposal is also going to
> be complex anyway, I'd like to propose it again.
> It is more powerful than the current syntax, because you can specify
> different percentages relative to the bgimage dimensions AND to the
> element's dimensions.
>
> Sorry, I don't have time to detail it here, please refer to the given link
> for the technical details.
> Please give me some feedback about this.
>
> Jordan OSETE
>
>From what I can tell, the thing that this proposal brings to the table is
simply the ability to do percentage-based positioning based on either the
image or the element (as opposed to the current method, which does both at
once), correct?

How would this syntax interact with the top/bottom/left/right keywords used
to specify the edge to use for offsets?