From: L. David Baron [mailto:dbaron@dbaron.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 9:31 AM
To: Alex Mogilevsky
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: [CSS2.1] table container behavior (captions, floats and margin collapsing)

On Sunday 2008-11-23 23:13 -0800, Alex Mogilevsky wrote:
> We are trying to figure out proper behavior for the anonymous
> table container box, defined in CSS2.1 - 17.4 [1]

For what it's worth, Mozilla implements six values of the
'caption-side' property: 'top', 'bottom', 'left', 'right',
'top-outside', and 'bottom-outside'.  The last two are intended to
match what we had implemented for CSS 2.0, which was changed in CSS
2.1 (and which are briefly described in CSS 2.1).  You may find some
significant differences between them in terms of the margin
collapsing behavior and the behavior for wrapping around floats.

I'll try to look at your message in more detail later.

-David