On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Levantovsky, Vladimir <
Vladimir.Levantovsky@monotypeimaging.com> wrote:

> However, my prior comment was not rhetorical! The Web developer's choice of
> fonts should not in any way be affected  by the technology we are developing
> - he should be free to choose any font (free, commercial, proprietary, etc.)
> that satisfies his needs.

No way. If a Web developer insists on using fonts from Foundry X, but
Foundry X won't allow Web use unless browsers implement TCPA-style
down-to-the-metal DRM which also happens to be covered by royalty-licensed
patents --- too bad for the Web developer and Foundry X.

Rob
53:5-6]