Re: Selectors Tests

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>> Do you have real life examples for the :enabled then?
>
> Not offhand, no.

I've seen uses of $(":input") but I suspect that :enabled will not be used.

>> Do you have full list of elements in Gecko that get :enabled by default?
>> <textarea>... what else?

So these are elements that know about @disabled. Why not to use
[disabled] as a selector then?

<option> (passive element) and e.g. <input> (active element) are so
different that I think you will never see things like
*:enabled in the wild. That is why

form *:input {} makes practical sense and

form *:enabled {} does not.

By the way while we are on this @disabled page...

This chapter:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#h-17.12.1

Stays: "This [disabled] attribute is inherited but local declarations
override the inherited value."

I never saw any UA (except of mine which is not an UA in comon sense)
that obey this rule.

IE6 makes brave attempt to implement this - at least it shows
the input here:

     <input type="text" value="Hi!" />

with grayed text but it is editable. Not quite fair I would say.

FF, Opera and WebKit are ignoring this all together.

> But there are ways (XTF, right now) to write extensions that support
> various XML vocabulaties and allow this state on elements in those
> vocabularies.
>
> -Boris

XTF... what about XBL then? Those <input>s in shadow trees... how they
interact with :disabled/:enabled thing?

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com