Re: CSS3 @font-face / EOT Fonts

Ian Hickson wrote:

> I mentioned the Spore case in the earlier paragraph, there are a number of
> similar cases in recent history showing that the less DRM a game has, all
> other things being equal, the more people buy it instead of copying it
> from less legal sources.

"The Register"s analysis doesn't support that conclusion.
They summarise as follows :

> But Gibeau is right in one sense: The vast majority of
> Spore players are probably blissfully unaware of its DRM
> and the internet kerfuffle surrounding it. EA could have
> kept the restrictions in place and still raked in the cash
> from game sales. Angry gamers be damned.

In other words, a small minority of people care enough
about DRM to prefer to acquire a pirate, unlocked, copy
rather than pay for a copy that imposes what they regard
(arguably reasonably) as unreasonable restrictions.  The
vast majority, however, care not tuppence about DRM and/or
these "unreasonable restrictions", and buy the product
regardless.

However, your original assertion was that "the more desirable
the product, the more DRM will lead to licence violations",
and I have still seen no statistics to support this
(specifically, no justification for the "desirability" aspect
of the assertion).

Philip TAYLOR