Re: [css3-mediaqueries] feedback on device-aspect-ratio, aspect-ratio and orientation

Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Hey, I'm just relaying Ian's arguments.  I think he assumes UAs as being
> intelligent in figuring if a given ratio was 'close enough' to the float
> to qualify as matching.

That would need to be very clearly specified to be interoperable.

> http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2008-October/thread.html#16588

This is talking about the "pixelratio" attribute of <video>.  That
attribute is used as a multiplier to calculate output widths given input
widths.  It is NOT used to compare to another floating point number,
much less compare for equality.

So it's really not relevant here, since the issues here are with
comparisons.

-Boris