Re: CSS2.1 issue 6 test case

On Saturday 2008-05-17 10:57 -0700, fantasai wrote:
> L. David Baron wrote:
>> Could you explain how this test is related to Alex's proposal?
>> Which of the boxes has its top and bottom margins adjoining, and how
>> does the test test for the position of that box?
>
> Ok, here are three corrected test cases. At least I think they're corrected. :)
> They give different results: the first one seems to indicate that the spec is
> correct, the second two seem to indicate that Alex's proposal is correct.
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2008May/att-0046/margin-collapsing-issue6a.htm

Could you answer the two above questions (which box, and how are you
measuring its position) for this testcase as well?

(Also, in this testcase, the 10px and 20px margins clearly shouldn't
collapse, since one of them is on a float.)

> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2008May/att-0046/margin-collapsing-issue6b.htm

Can you answer the above two questions for this test as well?

(I think this is the closest thing I've seen to a test for Alex's
proposal, but I think the 'outline' is on the wrong element; it
should be specified for #test rather than #child.  Using 'outline'
does seem like it may well be a correct way to measure the position
of such a box -- the first I've seen so far.  I hadn't thought of
that.)

> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2008May/att-0046/margin-collapsing-issue6c.htm

Can you answer the above two questions for this test as well?

-David