Re: box-shadow and features

Brad Kemper wrote:

> On May 14, 2008, at 2:07 AM, Alan Gresley wrote:
>

>> fantasai wrote:
>>> Inner Box Shadow:
>>>  http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/issues/44 ISSUE-44
>>>  There have been quite a few comments about adding such a feature,
>>>  or at least an "inner glow" feature (which this would address).
>>

>> If an inner glow/shadow is added (ISSUE-44) to CSS3, the only place
>> for the inner (whatever?) to be placed is inside the border-box. This
>> box would have to have a transparent background but this could not
>> happen if shadows were not allowed to be drawn inside the border-box
>> (ISSUE-32).
>
> Issue 32 refers to outer shadows (like with the current box-shadow or
> text-shadow), and whether or not the part covered by the glyph or box is
> drawn or not. With inner shadows, the shadow is not covered by the glyph
> or box.

Issue 32 is about box-shadow which it reads.

Resolve: Box-shadows are only drawn outside the element's border-box.

Box-shadow is different from text-shadow since shadows with text-shadow
are seen through transparent text. Seen in Safari.

http://css-class.com/test/css/shadows/text-shadow1.htm

You keep on intermingling box-shadow with text-shadow. All I have been
referring to is about box-shadow since that what the two treads have
been largely about. Even the subject line in each thread is box-shadow.

When I talk of inner shadow, I only referring it to box-shadow.

Alan