Re: [css3-color] RGBA Hex Notation

On Wednesday 2008-05-14 12:57 -0400, Adam Kuehn wrote:
> In my view, this is really a philosophical question.  Is the spec leading,
> or following?  If it is leading, this is a change worth making.  If it is
> just following (cataloging what exists), then it isn't.

I think until the spec reaches the Candidate Recommendation stage
(call for implementations), it is leading.  But once we've asked for
implementations, we should advance what we've asked for
implementations of (or the implemented subset of it) to
Recommendation, and the spec should be following the
implementations.  The leading should be left to the next release of
the specification.

-David