Re: [css3-background] box-shadow syntax

Brad Kemper wrote:

> Here is my mockup:
>
> http://bradclicks.com/cssplay/Shadows.html

Great! It also seems to be a hacky way of making outlines ;-)

---

Yet we still need to decide how to handle my ideas about 'shadow-mask' and
'shadow-transmittance'.
Something like
 shadow-mask: none|mask;
 shadow-transmittance: none|color|opacity|all;

'shadow-mask' should be obvious. If the shadow is under the object it's not
drawn there.

The 'color' value makes the shadow transmit all colors, so instead of a
black shadow it's a colorful shadow. Opacity is ignored!
'opacity' makes the UA ignore colors. Opacity makes the shadow more bright.

If you think my idea is unnecessary or you have some additions, please write
them here, after all this is what these mailing lists are for.

---

On another topic: What could we use multiple shadows for? It can be hacked
to make a glow, but wouldn't it be more "correct" to make a 'glow' property?

-Henrik