Re: Box-shadow : Why not follow the standardized OpenXML specification ?

Brad Kemper wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2008, at 1:03 PM, Frode Børli wrote:
>
>>> Inner Shadow: Because it is so similar to box-shadow, and because it
>>> is a
>>> type of box shadow, most would probably agree that it is better to
>>> add this
>>> as a key word to box-shadow (or a sub-property of a
>>> box-shadow-as-shorthand), than to create its own new property that
>>> replicates most of what is already present in the box-shadow draft.
>>
>> How would we add both inner and outer shadow at the same time?
>
> One div inside another, I suppose, But since inner shadow creates the
> illusion of a hole cut in something, and outer shadow creates the
> illusion of that shape floating above something instead, I really don't
> think there is going to be that much demand for both inner and outer
> shadows on the same rectangle. Its much simpler to have a single key
> word on a single compound property.

This is what we spoke about [1] a month ago Brad. Why can't we have an
inner and outer shadow at the same time?

Not being one for my graphic arts expertise, here's a few demos of what
I see.

http://css-class.com/test/images/text-shadow3.png

This is what I mean by having a shadow and highlight and the reverse
with a glow.

http://css-class.com/test/images/text-shadow3.png

Thus why I suggested text-shadow and text-highlight. Text highlight is
layered above the text and the shadow is layered under. Both can be
declared on the same line of text.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2008May/0192.html

Alan