Re: "maybe even in the fact that you use words as all," (sic)

On Jul 16, 2008, at 11:57 PM, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

> 	like the relatively large community of people with learning
> disabilities.
> 		about 20% of people in the UK are functionally illiterate.
>
> you can try out or watch a short video here:
> http://www.openicon.org
>
> the failure of W3 working groups to engage with this community has
> ensured the have become even more socially disadvantaged and
> ostracized.

I would rather have the 20% become more literate, so that I am not
reduced to writing "I like peach" in icons on my site, instead of
engaging in more intelligent discourse or trying to communicate more
advanced concepts. Of course, I also don't want to discriminate
against people that hate peaches...

And what about people in comas or dead people? Aren't we
discriminating against them by using communication that they cannot
understand? Dead people represent a much larger portion of humanity
than illiterate people.

I was going to try to type this e-mail in "icon chat", but it didn't
work in Safari 3 or FireFox 3.