Re: Section 10.3.8 really needs to be fixed

On Jan 27, 2008, at 10:00 AM, Ben Cotterell wrote:

> 10.3.8 as it stands is quite good for replaced elements that really
> have
> intrinsic dimensions, like images. But less good for ones that don't,
> like iframes.

We've had bugs filed against WebKit in the image case too.  I don't
really agree that having intrinsic dimensions is the issue.  I think
images should be stretchable as well.  If the author specifies left:0
and right:0, it doesn't matter whether the object has intrinsic
dimensions or not.   The author's intent is clear.  Ignoring what the
author explicitly requested just because the image had an intrinsic
size does not make much sense to me.

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)