Re: css with attribues (was: Re[2]: [CSS] Would be nice if...)

On 10 Jan 2008, at 09:29, Dmitry Turin wrote:

> DD> These points seem entirely unrelated to mine (which is that this
> DD> would stop CSS being an optional presentation layer and turn it
> in to
> DD> a mandatory semantic layer).
> Objection does not work against <style> at all.

Yes it does. The user agent downloads the HTML document, which
contains some CSS, but the user agent doesn't support CSS, so it
ignores it. The semantics that were placed in the optional
presentation layer are lost.

We are dealing with Cascading STYLE Sheets here.

> I'm against to enter new values for @type or @rel _for this purpose_ ,
> because brain will must keep this devision without any benefit.

Those are other issues, which I object too as well. They are superior
to this proposal though since they don't put semantics into the style
layer.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/