Re: [cssom-view] Why is body's offsetParent null ?

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:28:30 +0200, Mike Wilson <mikewse@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Though, the CSSOM scheme will break down if you want to know the
> offset to the body element as there is no way to get at this
> information.
>
> In particular, as Garrett pointed out, this offset is available in all
> browsers except Opera (and CSSOM) when using position:relative on the
> body element:
> http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A--cssom-view--small-update-p16063070.html

Following that (special casing position:relative on the HTML body element)
would break finding the position of an element within the page, as I
explained here:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2008Apr/0366.html

And as that's what these attributes are used for primarily I don't think
that's a better solution.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>