Re: [css3-mediaqueries] Is 'resolution' in terms of device pixels or CSS pixels?

On Sunday 2008-04-06 21:00 -0700, L. David Baron wrote:
> The 'resolution' media feature has two new units, 'dpi' and 'dpcm'.
> Are these "dots" supposed to be device pixels or CSS pixels?

For what it's worth:  when I was thinking about this I was thinking
about monitors.  But the examples given (probably for printers) make
it pretty clear that it's referring to device pixels.  I think the
spec should probably just be clarified to say that.

Using media queries on resolution to pick font sizes is probably a
bad idea, though, but it could be useful for things like deciding
whether to use higher-resolution or lower-resolution (and lower
bandwidth) images.

-David