Re: Parsing media queries

Henri Sivonen wrote:

> Case-insensitivity would be ASCII case-insensitivity, right? That is,
> "HEIGHT" should count as "height" but "HEÄ°GHT" shouldn't.

I would normatively reference the appropriate section of Unicode on
default case mappings (not locale-dependent mappings), but since media
queries are all ASCII anyway, ASCII case-insensitivity is fine. :)

> Aside: XML 1.0, CSS3 and HTML5 all have different notions of whitespace.
> No fun. I don't want to write extra code to catch the case of horizontal
> tabs appearing in media queries in HTML5. I think I'm going to let that
> one slip by for now, since I think it would be more productive to unify
> CSS and HTML5 notions of whitespace than to write code to deal with the
> difference.

Well, I don't think the CSS notion of white space is going to change,
so HTML5 will have to copy CSS if we want that to happen. :)

~fantasai