Re: [CSS3] Generated content: environment variables

Boris Zbarsky schrieb:

> So what you're telling me as a web browser implementor is that I
> should just make my UA's print header/footer settings be !important
> rules in the user stylesheet?  That effectively means completely
> removing all support for header/footers as far as web page authors are
> concerned.

Actually no.

 From my point of view, I'm fine with these being in the user agent
stylesheet by default.
If the author believes his sites are better printed with other default
settings, it is ok for an author stylesheet to overwrite user agent
settings.
And as soon as the user sais "force print urls in headers/footers", this
is a user decision.

Actually, the cascading rules are pretty intelligent.

> In particular, perhaps we should think about a way for the user's and
> the page's header/footer settings to interact that is somewhat more
> reasonable than just "one or the other has full control, and whichever
> one doesn't has no say in it at all".

I think, this is pretty well what the paged module working group is
working on...

Best regards,

Ludger

--
Dipl-Inf. Ludger Bünger
Product Development
Team Martha
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
RealObjects GmbH
Altenkesseler Str. 17/B4
66115 Saarbrücken, Germany
Tel +49 (0)681 98579 0
Fax +49 (0)681 98579 29
http://www.realobjects.com
ludger.buenger@realobjects.com
Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Saarbrücken, HRB 12016
Managing Directors: Michael Jung, Markus Neurohr
VAT-ID: DE210373115