Re: suggestion: renaming value 'suppress' for white-space-collapse

Zhang wrote:
>   You may have an idea this post is a fairly simple suggestion.
>
>   I'm currently reading the CSS3 Text Module Document when I find a
> terminological inconsistency in the section that introduces property
> white-space-collapse
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-css3-text-20050627/#white-space-collapse):
> The two nonpronominal values, 'normal' and 'unrestricted', are both
> adjectives, while value 'suppress' is exceptionally a verb. I'm not
> finding fault with CSS, but I think it would be better to be 'fussy'
> about subtleties as a standardization seeks for flawless. So I simply
> suggest renaming value 'suppress' to 'suppressed'.
>
>   It would be appreciated if anyone would like to comment on the post.

It's a good point, but in general I prefer to keep English grammatical
suffixes out of the CSS keywords. They're extra typing, often complicate
spelling, and add one more thing to remember. 'white-space-collapsing'
itself has a suffix ending only because not having one would conflict
with XSL: I had originally listed the property as 'white-space-collapse'.
If you can think of a better name, I'm interested. :) I don't like having
the 'ing' there.

~fantasai